Quick Select Multiple Columns in "Select Column" ?

I am wondering if there is a way to choose multiple columns quickly when using "Select Columns" in an ETL. I do not mean using Add All Columns. We do not know SQL, and we have massive DataSets with a large amount of columns (50+), but only need a mix of about half & half between 2 Datasets. Having to scroll through & choose each column one by one is VERY cumbersome. Is there a shortcut we can use to select multiple columns from the options to add all at once? 

Example, I have 2 DataSets I have joined that together, contain about different 50 columns. I only want to add about 20 of them. Do I really have to pick them & add them one by one? Thank you!

Comments

• rado98
    rado98 Contributor

The quickest way I found is to:

Selet all and then delete one by one. Not a great solution but a quicker option.

• Many of our tables are extremely wide with a lot of columns. We spend a considerable amount of time selecting and reordering columns. There should be a feature to see ALL columns on the right pane and columns you want selected on the left with quicker ordering.

• mhouston
    mhouston Contributor

@jkuleszynski this would be good to submit as an idea in the ideas exchange