Why cannot I public embed a form built through App studio, It appears blank when embedded.

I tried building a form through app studio. Is the functionality to embed a form from Domo app studio not yet developed??

Answers

• ellibot
    ellibot Contributor
  • ellibot
    ellibot Contributor

@art_in_sky looks like it's currently not available for public embed

• MattTheGuru
    MattTheGuru Contributor

@art_in_sky and piggy-backing off what @ellibot said, I have tested in private embedding as well and it doesn't work there just yet.

** Was this post helpful? Click 💡/💖/👍/😊 below. **
    ** If it solved your problem. Accept it as a solution! ✔️ **

Or do you need more help? https://calendly.com/matthew-kastner/15-minute-chat
    Did I help you out? Feedback is priceless and will help me more than you know.Write a review!

• What are the alternatives to embed the no code forms in DOMO?

• Arthi Annadi
    Arthi Annadi Member
    edited July 11

@ellibot and @MattTheGuru Thank you for your response. Is there an alternative way to publicly embed the no code forms?

• Any progress on this? Where is it on the roadmap?

• Agree, I am not able to public embed the bricks with form input as well. I heard that the domo brick needs to be converted into an App to save the input data.

I have a question here, Would I be able to convert the brick to App through 'Convert into an App' option and use it to store the user input data through public embed. If it is feasible, What changes should I be making to manifest.json in order to save the input data to public embed.

@patrickrs @MattTheGuru @ellibot @NoahFinberg @DanHendriksen

• @art_in_sky I believe it needs to be converted to a custom "Domo App". The App Studio is for building dashboards with a better UI.

But I believe the issue is going to actually surround public/private embedding when it comes to being able to use "update commands".

** Was this post helpful? Click 💡/💖/👍/😊 below. **
    ** If it solved your problem. Accept it as a solution! ✔️ **

Or do you need more help? https://calendly.com/matthew-kastner/15-minute-chat
    Did I help you out? Feedback is priceless and will help me more than you know.Write a review!

• @art_in_sky yeah I mean to convert a brick to an app using 'CONVERT TO AN APP ' feature that is currently available on DDX brick edit mode.

• DanHendriksen
    DanHendriksen Domo Employee

Hey guys, I know the product team is working to get support for Forms in embedded contexts. It will be included in the November release. It will work with both Public and Private embed. There may be a chance to participate in a beta sooner, but I don't know for sure - reach out to your CSM.

• @DanHendriksen Thank you for the update. Would this work while embedding Form & Dataset domo brick?

• DanHendriksen

This particular thing I'm referring to is the ability to have a Form present in an App Studio app and function in embedded contexts. There may be changes made to the way that these types of Bricks are handled, but I'm not aware of any.

Are you trying to get that brick to work in Public Embed?

• Yes

• DanHendriksen

OK. I can't speak to what our plans are there as I haven't checked with the apps and security team. I'd think the fact that these forms in App Studio will be allowed to be embedded publicly opens up the door for bricks that write to collections to embedded publicly too but my understanding is we blocked that functionality in public embed for security reasons.

• @DanHendriksen I believe it should. Thank you for the update!