Tracking Changes

Hi Team,

Is there a native solution to Domo to track changes made to Dashboards, Card, Datasets, etc.?

I know that Dataflows have the "Version" commentary, so you can see who made what changes at what time.

Is there a similar functionality for Dashboards and Cards?

I want to monitor who is making changes to cards and dashboards, what they are doing, and generally have a better grasp on work that is being done.

Best Answers

• ArborRose
    ArborRose Coach
    Answer ✓

To my knowledge, Domo doesn’t provide native, detailed tracking for changes to Dashboards and Cards. The version commentary feature for Data Flows is quite useful for tracking changes, but similar detailed tracking for Dashboards and Cards isn’t available.

There are a few things to help you monitor changes to Dashboards and Cards…

Activity Logs - in the admin settings. It includes actions like logins, dashboard views, and card interactions but might not capture detailed changes to Dashboards and Cards. Domo Governance tools might be able to track changes.

Other than that, you probably have to come up with a custom solution like using Domo's API.

** Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below. **
    ** Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution! **

• ColemenWilson
    Answer ✓

For cards you can look at the Card History:

For dashboards (and cards and dataflows) you can use the activity log. You won't always know what changed, but you can see by who and when changes are made.

If I solved your problem, please select "yes" above

Answers

• ArborRose
    ArborRose Coach
    Answer ✓

To my knowledge, Domo doesn’t provide native, detailed tracking for changes to Dashboards and Cards. The version commentary feature for Data Flows is quite useful for tracking changes, but similar detailed tracking for Dashboards and Cards isn’t available.

There are a few things to help you monitor changes to Dashboards and Cards…

Activity Logs - in the admin settings. It includes actions like logins, dashboard views, and card interactions but might not capture detailed changes to Dashboards and Cards. Domo Governance tools might be able to track changes.

Other than that, you probably have to come up with a custom solution like using Domo's API.

** Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below. **
    ** Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution! **

• ColemenWilson
    Answer ✓

For cards you can look at the Card History:

For dashboards (and cards and dataflows) you can use the activity log. You won't always know what changed, but you can see by who and when changes are made.

• Awesome, thank you both!

I don't have access to Activity Logs in my Admin portal.. I'll open a ticket and see why mine doesn't show.

• ColemenWilson
    edited August 6

Do you see it through the Domostats connector? I find that more helpful than the activity log in Admin because it is a dataset that can be joined with other data sources.

https://www.domo.com/appstore/connector/domostats/overview

• Yes, I see it there! That is a much better solution anyway.

Thank you, as always. Not only did you solve my problem, but you pointed me in an even better direction that I didn't know was possible!! Woohoo!!