Export card from card details view ignores filters

Wondeing if anyone has come across an issue like this.  I've navigated to the Card Details view from my page and selected a different time range than it's set to as a default (card is set to "This Year" - change date range to "Last Year).  When I export the card to Powerpoint I only get the current month's data rather than last year's data.  If I export this as an excel I will get last year's data.  Seems like a bug but thought I would check the community before contacting support directly.

Comments

• kshah008
    kshah008 Contributor

Hi all,

Can anybody help @Mike_Gall with their issue?

Thanks!

• quinnj
    quinnj Domo Employee

Hmmm, I just tried a few examples and got some interesting results. On a card that is set to "Last 30 Days", I said to export and it gave me the data by date for *all-time* (i.e. back through 2012 for this particular dataset). I then set it to a specific date range (07/01/2015 - 07/31/2015) and exported and it gave me the exact dates I was interested in.

This indeed sounds like there may be an issue with the export functionality not respecting the current analyzer/date filters set on a card. I'd contact Domo Support about filing a request with development to see what's going on.

• smaiolo
    smaiolo Contributor

I've seen this issue as well. To work around this, I will usually take a screenshot of the chart and insert that into a PowerPoint.

I'm pretty sure that the PPt export will work if you use the page filters. 

• Stub-ret
    Stub-ret Domo Employee

Hi Mike_Gall and smaiolo,  This is a known issue with and we are developing a fix for it.  As a workaround, if you edit the actual card and change the date range inside the card editor, you can export with the desired time grain.  Another alternative, if you don't want to change the original card, is to duplicate the card and make the edit and then export.

Let me know if this workaround works and if you have further questions.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumbs up in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"

Click here to enter to win a free pass to Domopalooza
  • kshah008
    kshah008 Contributor

@Mike_Gall, did any of the above repleis help answer your question? 

• The suggestion above work, but what i found the most efficient is taking a screengrab of the card on the page.

This discussion has been closed.