Date Range til yesterday

Hi there,

I have a calculation which compares daily sailes from this year to last year. Addionally YTD will be calculated and compared.

Unfortunately, DOMO includes today as the starting date, which is 0 and compares that figure to the relevant day in the last year.

Therefore I receive a wrong YTD in my last year.

Does someone has a solution? I don´t want to change the date range (Today-1) manually. I already changed my SQL flow and ETL so, I don´t have a partial sales for today, but I can´t figure out how to automatically exclude the day of last year for today (If that makes sense) eg.

This year: 22.1.2018 (no value)

Last year: 22.1.2017 (value)

Many thanks

Best Answer

• ST_-Superman-_
    Answer ✓

I would just create a beastmode that will allow you to filter out today's date.  You could then use this field to exlcude today's date and keep the date range as YTD.1.png

You would just filter to exclude 'true' values 

“There is a superhero in all of us, we just need the courage to put on the cape.” -Superman

Answers

• ST_-Superman-_
    Answer ✓

I would just create a beastmode that will allow you to filter out today's date.  You could then use this field to exlcude today's date and keep the date range as YTD.1.png

You would just filter to exclude 'true' values 

“There is a superhero in all of us, we just need the courage to put on the cape.” -Superman
  • +1 to Scott's idea.  We use a version of this all the time.

Aaron
    MajorDomo @ Merit Medical

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the heart in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • Thank you very much!

Thats a simple and effective solution.

• Hi

Yes but when you compare YoY monthly totals on a YTD time range for instance, for the current month, today is valued at 0 which is what you want, but same day a year ago accounts for full. And the reports takes it into account because you are requesting a YTD report. So you end up comparing X days to X+1 which is meaningless. We should have a Year to Yesterday report as we have a year to date one.

Rgds

JM

This discussion has been closed.