UTC to PST conversion in ETL

Options

Hi, I am trying to convert the "Date" from UTC to PST in the ETL.

Currently, I created "Send Date PST" with the formula below. TIMESTAMP((convert_tz(`SendDate`, 'UTC', 'America/Los_Angeles')))

However, when I try to use it in the card and filter for the last 4 hours, my card is blank:

It works when I do the same thing with "All Time" in the date range (instead of the last 4 hours). Is my Send Date PST formula incorrect and how can I fix this?

Thank you for your help in advance!

Anna

Tagged:

Best Answer

• david_cunningham
    david_cunningham Contributor
    Answer ✓
    Options

Try removing the TIMESTAMP() function from your conversion.

A timestamp is a moment in time, with precision down to the microsecond, in no particular time zone. Therefore, it alone does not refer to a specific hour, minute, or second, or even year, month, or day. However, a timestamp may still be treated as if it had values for all of these fields by referring to the timezone setting.

If I had to guess, is that your domo instance timezone settings are messing with the conversion.

David Cunningham

** Was this post helpful? Click Agree 😀, Like 👍️, or Awesome ❤️ below **
    ** Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution! ✔️**

Answers

• david_cunningham
    david_cunningham Contributor
    Answer ✓
    Options

Try removing the TIMESTAMP() function from your conversion.

A timestamp is a moment in time, with precision down to the microsecond, in no particular time zone. Therefore, it alone does not refer to a specific hour, minute, or second, or even year, month, or day. However, a timestamp may still be treated as if it had values for all of these fields by referring to the timezone setting.

If I had to guess, is that your domo instance timezone settings are messing with the conversion.

David Cunningham

** Was this post helpful? Click Agree 😀, Like 👍️, or Awesome ❤️ below **
    ** Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution! ✔️**