Average Nested Bar

Options

Good day everyone. I was trying to build a nested bar, but wanted the gray at the back to be determined by whatever aggregation we use for the calculation. So for example in the following graph, rather than showing me the bar in the back as the SUM of all the individual bars, it'd show it as the actual average of the underlying data (not the AVG of the underlaying bars).

This would be nice as it'd be able to easily highlight outliers, but I haven't been able to find a way to achieve what I want. Perhaps I should be looking at a different card?

Best Answer

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

Nested bar charts only support showing the overall total. I'd recommend utilizing a Symbol + group bar or a Line + group bar chart and have the average be the symbol or line

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**

Answers

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

Nested bar charts only support showing the overall total. I'd recommend utilizing a Symbol + group bar or a Line + group bar chart and have the average be the symbol or line

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • marcel_luthi
    Options

Thanks, I guess that is the option left, not a fan of it, in part because I liked the aesthetics of this kind of card more, but mostly because for the other cards I'd need to create a separate Beast Mode for each of the categories and then when you drill down you'd always drill into the full universe of samples and not only to those of the category you're clicking (or at least that has been my experience and I'm missing something really basic 🤣)