Is there a way to control the colors in a Lat/long map for a series of values?

Options

I can see that there is a 'Series for Color' option available, but setting the Symbol Color only allows the specification of one colour, not one colour per series value. Am I missing something?

I would like to be able to control the colour in order to maintain visual alignment with the colours used on other cards - i.e. I want all 'new' items to appear in one colour in my dashboard and all 'existing' items to appear in another colour.

Thanks in advance for any pointers as to how to resolve.

Best Answers

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

Currently there isn't an option for this however I'd recommend logging an idea in the Idea Exchange for others to vote on it and perhaps have Domo add it.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • DavidChurchman
    Answer ✓
    Options

You can use "color rules" in a lat/long map. It doesn't appear in the "chart properties" panel they way it usually does, but you can open them using the button on top, then apply rules to the variable you chose for your "series for color".

Please 💡/💖/👍/😊 this post if you read it and found it helpful.

Please accept the answer if it solved your problem.

Answers

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

Currently there isn't an option for this however I'd recommend logging an idea in the Idea Exchange for others to vote on it and perhaps have Domo add it.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • DavidChurchman
    Answer ✓
    Options

You can use "color rules" in a lat/long map. It doesn't appear in the "chart properties" panel they way it usually does, but you can open them using the button on top, then apply rules to the variable you chose for your "series for color".

Please 💡/💖/👍/😊 this post if you read it and found it helpful.

Please accept the answer if it solved your problem.

• Jessica_Davies
    Options

Thanks @DavidChurchman that definitely works (noting that you need to set the Symbols > Symbol Color to Default). Much appreciated.