Create a card that provides details of used licenses and total rows from all dataset combined

Options

Hello members,

I am trying to create 2 cards that provides the below details.

1. All the licenses available in DOMO instance vs the licenses currently in use ?
  2. Total number of datasets and the Total number of rows in all the datasets combined ?

This information related to point 1 is available in admin/licenses section already but i have a requirement to create a card for it. I tried DOMO Stat dataset for this but the counts don't match with whats shown in the admin section.

Similarly, i created a card for point 2, but the total row count is not matching with the summary shown in datacenter/datawarehouse. is there any special datasets/connector that i would need to refer, to get the exact same numbers as the summary provided by DOMO ?

Appreciate your help :)

Best Answer

• MichelleH
    MichelleH Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Vineeth I don't think there is a way to make those Domostats datasets update more than once a day on a schedule. You can check with your CSM whether there is a way to make those datasets update more frequently if you need them to be more real time.

Answers

• MichelleH
    Options

@Vineeth You can monitor the licenses used using the People DomoStats Dataset (filtering out the Social Role). As for the datasets the DomoStats dataset should give you the information you need, but it's possible that it doesn't match exactly because that dataset usually only refreshes once a day.

• Vineeth
    Options

@MichelleH Thank you for the suggestion.

i tried creating the cards using the domostats dataset, but like you suggested, the data wasn't real time in case of datasets/rowcounts and in case of licenses, even after removing social users, there was discrepancy of around 10 licenses. Is there any way we can access the same datasets that DOMO refers to while showing us the summary in admin page and Datawarehouse section ? that might solve the issue.

• MichelleH
    MichelleH Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Vineeth I don't think there is a way to make those Domostats datasets update more than once a day on a schedule. You can check with your CSM whether there is a way to make those datasets update more frequently if you need them to be more real time.

• Vineeth
    Options

Thank you @MichelleH for the inputs. i'm gonna speak to our CSM for this. appreciate your time and inputs. have a great day.