Limit number of Rows in Bar Chart

I'm trying to do a stack rank of a set of users using a grouped bar chart, however in the general settings, I'm unable to figure out how to limit the maximum rows. I've done it in the past for a single bar chart but for a grouped bar chart, this doesn't seem easily doable. Thanks!

Comments

• Grouped bars and the like have different aggregation dimensionality than single bars, but they both use the single row limit feature.  You're trying to limit to aggregated groups, like top 5 reps but showing their products sold, compared to just top 5 reps in the single bars. Domo's row limit is trying to give you 5 highest sold product/rep combinations, not the top 5 reps while also showing the product detail. Domo really needs a limit that matches the aggregations in the cards, which is often one level up than the data is grouped.

That was a lot of usage of the word group.  Let me know if that didn't make sense.

Your workaround is to let a dataflow do that work for you.

Aaron
    MajorDomo @ Merit Medical

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the heart in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • Thanks for the help! I ended up limiting the rows on my spreadsheet to only show the top 25. No biggie but it will have to be regularly updated on my end. Thanks!

@AS wrote:

Grouped bars and the like have different aggregation dimensionality than single bars, but they both use the single row limit feature.  You're trying to limit to aggregated groups, like top 5 reps but showing their products sold, compared to just top 5 reps in the single bars. Domo's row limit is trying to give you 5 highest sold product/rep combinations, not the top 5 reps while also showing the product detail. Domo really needs a limit that matches the aggregations in the cards, which is often one level up than the data is grouped.

That was a lot of usage of the word group.  Let me know if that didn't make sense.

Your workaround is to let a dataflow do that work for you.

This discussion has been closed.