Can I have a multi-bar multi-line chart where I'm looking at two separate values?

I'm trying to recreate this chart from Excel in Domo. I've included a photo of the chart with its source data:

The relevant data in the dataset in Domo is configured like this:

Nothing I've found so far regarding replicating combo charts accounts for dealing with displaying multiple metrics, just for dealing with multiple series.

I attempted to recreate using a line + grouped bar and I've attempted many things to get this to work, but I'm not sure if it's possible to do a multi bar AND multi-line, where the bars represents $PSPW, one color bar for each SKU, broken out across month, and the lines represent Price, one line for each SKU. I just want to compare two SKUs and that's it. Is this possible without having to reconfigure the data?

Answers

• @Abby Brinks The line + grouped bar should work. If you want to display 2 lines, you can add a "2" in the "Series on left scale" setting under General chart properties

• Agree with @MichelleH . Here is a video that walks you through it.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • Abby Brinks
    Abby Brinks Member
    edited September 27

I don't want two different lines to represent two different metrics. I want the lines to represent the same metric but for two different SKUs. The SKUs are determined in a column. This will also go for the bars. In the video example, He is bringing in two different fields for each bar. I want both bars in each group to be derived from the PSPW, but have SKU be how it's broken out. I'm trying to figure out if there's a way to do this without having to reconfigure the data.

This solution I think only applies to data that is configured differently. If my data was configured like this, then I think it would work based on the method displayed in the video:

However, this is not how my data is configured. Currently the data is configured in a way that works for most everything else, and I'm just doing a select* from our datalake. I'm trying to avoid having to reconfigure the data for this chart in a dataflow because I don't want to incur additional credits. Plus, it doesn't make sense to configure it this way when there are LOTS of skus in the original dataset. If there's no way to do it with the way my dataset is actually configured (below), then I guess I will have to reconfigure in a dataflow or break it out into two charts, but I was really hoping it could be done.

I figured out a way to do it with beastmodes below. I basically made a beastmode for each field in order to configure it like the first screenshot, where each line / bar is its own field. If I'm going to look at these specific SKUs only, that works. But for cases where I'd want people quick filter to select the SKUs, this wouldn't work. Is there a way to make it work with the configuration above without having to make a beastmode for each SKU? I had wondered about utilizing variables, but there's no option to autopopulate a variable with all SKUs. I'd have to manually type out each one and make a beastmode assigning the SKU to that variable, and THEN I'd be able to use the variable in a beastmode and allow people to select, but that's a LOT of work. There's hundreds of SKUs in the dataset. Would there be a way to possibly make a 'dynamic' beast mode to allow for this reconfiguration that wouldn't limit it to JUST these SKUs, and would allow for people to select items to compare? And possibly more than just two at a time?

I'd like the ability to have it work like a line chart as far as the breakouts, but for both line and bar to show two metrics at a time rather than just one.