Sharing Alerts without Inviting to Domo

Hi,

Is there a way to share an alert (e.g., this card has reached the target of X amount) with an external client without requiring them to be invited to our Domo instance?

Best Answer

• ColemenWilson
    edited September 23 Answer ✓

You could make them a social user and prevent them from logging in to your instance. Be sure to disable "Welcome to Domo" emails from your instance. They should still receive alert notifications. Keep in mind that alerts have a "View Alert" button at the bottom of the email which would prompt them to login - just something to be aware of.

If I solved your problem, please select "yes" above

Answers

• ColemenWilson
    edited September 23 Answer ✓

You could make them a social user and prevent them from logging in to your instance. Be sure to disable "Welcome to Domo" emails from your instance. They should still receive alert notifications. Keep in mind that alerts have a "View Alert" button at the bottom of the email which would prompt them to login - just something to be aware of.

• Hi @ColemenWilson,

The admins who can create the social users have the option to disable the "Welcome to Domo" e-mail? Could you please share a screenshot of that function?

If you found this post helpful, please use 💡/💖/👍/😊 below! If it solved your problem, don't forget to accept the answer.

• @Manasi_Panov sure thing!

• Hi @ColemenWilson,

Thank you!

If you found this post helpful, please use 💡/💖/👍/😊 below! If it solved your problem, don't forget to accept the answer.