How can I have the data (text type) distinct counted in Analyzer?

Options

I want distinct count for Y axis rather than count, How can I do it ?

Thanks in advance.

Best Answers

• ColemenWilson
    Answer ✓
    Options

You'll need to create a beastmode:

COUNT(DISTINCT(あなたのフィールド)

Then bring this newly created beastmode (calculated field) into your card in the y-axis spot.

Here is a video on how to create beastmodes if you never have before:

If I solved your problem, please select "yes" above

• ColemenWilson
    edited April 28 Answer ✓
    Options

Okay for your summary number use this:
    AVG(COUNT(DISTINCT 所在库位) FIXED (BY Date))

That will give you the average unique count over the entire time period by date for the group total.

Answers

• ColemenWilson
    Answer ✓
    Options

You'll need to create a beastmode:

COUNT(DISTINCT(あなたのフィールド)

Then bring this newly created beastmode (calculated field) into your card in the y-axis spot.

Here is a video on how to create beastmodes if you never have before:

• Lu_zhang
    Options

It works. thank you.

On 'summary number' area, I'd like to show the average of each day's distinct count, how can I do it?

Now i can only have the distinct count of the whole month's data as below picture shown, I want the daily average of each day's distinct count.

• ColemenWilson
    edited April 24
    Options

For that you can use a nested beastmode: https://domo-support.domo.com/s/article/000005307?language=en_US Create a new beastmode that references your count distinct.

AVG(その他の計算フィールド)

Then select this new field as your summary number.

• Lu_zhang
    Options

@ColemenWilson

I created the new beast mode Average storage location quantity=AVG(Storage location quantity)

the previous beast mode I've created is Storage location quantity=COUNT(DISTINCT 所在库位)

In 'Summary Number' area, when I select 'Use All Values', column 'Average storage location quantity', the result in 'Summary Number' area is wrong, do you know what the problem is?

• ColemenWilson
    edited April 28 Answer ✓
    Options

Okay for your summary number use this:
    AVG(COUNT(DISTINCT 所在库位) FIXED (BY Date))

That will give you the average unique count over the entire time period by date for the group total.

• Lu_zhang
    Lu_zhang Member
    Options

@ColemenWilson Hello coach, can you help me on below? thank you in advance.

I made a little change on the design because I want the distinct count for 所在库位(the Chinese means each storage location's name) to be shown as pallet quantity.

there are 3 types of 所在库位,large size, middle size and small size.

for large size, 1 storage location is equal to 1 pallet

for middle size, 1 storage location is equal to 0.25 pallet

for small size, 1 storage location is equal to 0.067 pallet

I need all the number shown on DOMO card is pallet quantity rather than storage location quantity.

there are one month's data which shows on each day of the month on each storage location what kind of products are stored. Same day, same storage location may have several rows of data.

previous design in beast mode: storage location quantity=count( distinct ’库位名称‘)

current design in beast mode: storage pallet quantity= sum( distinct ’ 托盘库位数折算‘) fixed( by ’库位名称‘)

托盘库位数折算 the Chinese means the ratio to convert storage location to pallet, that is, 1, or 0.25, or 0.067

I select storage pallet quantity to Y axis. the DOMO card shows exactly what i want. the figure is totally right.

BUT the problem is at the Summary Number again.

previous design in summary number: AVG( 'storage location quantity') fixed (by 'Date'). it works and figure is right.

current design in summary number: AVG( 'storage pallet quantity') fixed (by 'Date'). this time it doesn't work.

I can't figure out why and failed to get it fixed. so I come to you. do you know where the problem is and how to fix it?