How to find all Flows(MySQL) that contain a specific string

Options

Hello,

I need to find all MySQL flows that have a specific string somewhere in any of the transforms or final outputs(these are all My SQL scripts).

There is a data governance dataset for Beast Modes and you can use that to find all BMs that have a string but for dataflows, although there is a governance dataflows dataset, we cannot do the same as the code(text) is not stored in a column of this dataset.

Anyone tried to do this before and how did they do it?

Thanks

Best Answers

• ellibot
    ellibot Contributor
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @FXM32,

I believe you can accomplish this using the Java CLI and "List-dataflow" command. This will get you a JSON export that should contain all the SQL statements contained within the dataflow.

• ellibot
    ellibot Contributor
    Answer ✓
    Options

@FXM32 Do the list-dataflow -i <dataflow_id> -f <FILE> flags

Answers

• ellibot
    ellibot Contributor
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @FXM32,

I believe you can accomplish this using the Java CLI and "List-dataflow" command. This will get you a JSON export that should contain all the SQL statements contained within the dataflow.

• FXM32
    Options

Hello @ellibot,

thank you for the reply. I run the list-dataflow but I get a list of flows and I am not able to see what option should be used to output the MySQL code in the final JSON file.

What option should I use?

Thank you

• ellibot
    ellibot Contributor
    Answer ✓
    Options

@FXM32 Do the list-dataflow -i <dataflow_id> -f <FILE> flags

• FXM32
    Options

Thank you @ellibot

Although this works only on a wf by wf basis I have exported one file for each wf and now I am able to do what I need.

Thanks again.