Slicers

Options

Is there a way to build a dashboard with a slicer on it that only works on a few cards? Right now, I am seeing the slicers working on every card on that page. I know I can build a sub-dashboard but am wondering if there is a better way than that.

Any suggestions?

If this helps, feel free to agree, accept or awesome it!

Tagged:

Best Answer

• ColemenWilson
    Answer ✓
    Options

There actually is a way to allow filtering from one filter but not another one.

To do this, go to: Edit Dashboard > Edit Content (on your filter slicer) > Change Interaction > Apply to selected Cards.

See below:

If I solved your problem, please select "yes" above

Answers

• brycec
    brycec Contributor
    Options

You can disable filtering entirely on a card by card basis on design/story dashboards. Edit the dashboard > edit content on a card > change filter exceptions > uncheck allow filtering. This unfortunately disables any kind of filtering for that card, not just your slicer. There is no way to allow filtering from one filter but not another one.

Was this comment helpful? Click Agree or Like below.
    Did this comment solve your problem? Accept it as the solution!

• damen
    damen Contributor
    Options

@brycec Got it. Yeah that was going to be my next question.

Thank you.

• ColemenWilson
    Answer ✓
    Options

There actually is a way to allow filtering from one filter but not another one.

To do this, go to: Edit Dashboard > Edit Content (on your filter slicer) > Change Interaction > Apply to selected Cards.

See below:

If I solved your problem, please select "yes" above

• damen
    damen Contributor
    Options

@colemenwilson Oh perfect. Much thanks.