I have two files as .xlsb in my shared google drive folder,

I wish to upload specific sheets of these two .xlsb files in DOMO, how to proceed?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• MichelleH
    MichelleH Coach
    Answer ✓

@Chayan .xlsb files are not compatible with Domo's file upload connector. You will need to save those specific sheets in a new .xlsx file.

Answers

• MichelleH
    MichelleH Coach
    Answer ✓

@Chayan .xlsb files are not compatible with Domo's file upload connector. You will need to save those specific sheets in a new .xlsx file.

• Chayan
    Chayan Member

hi @MichelleH : thank you for your response, here is the challenge with my requirement. I cannot change any format at this time, I will have to simply read the files from my google drive that's it.

But I was going through one of the connectors as 'Google Drive Service Connector' which is asking me permission as 'Connector access restricted'. What if I get the access from one of the DOMO admin, can I read the .xlsb files then? any thoughts?

• marcel_luthi
    marcel_luthi Coach
    edited June 2023

I'm not 100% familiar with the Google Drive Service Connector, but from the documentation, this will allow you to get information about the files in Drive, not to actually read the contents of those files, which I understand is what you're attempting to achieve. You can see this by the fact that this connector only has 2 datasets available, and is not meant to create a dataset per individual file.

(To use this connector you'll most likely need your Workspace Admin or someone with the right level of permissions in the GCP console to create the service account for you, authorize access to it in the Workspace admin Console and provide you with the JSON for authentication)