Can I add users to a group without them getting an email notification?

I'm not entirely sure if I'm doing this the correct way, but in preparing for the launch of a dashboard, I was adding users to the Default group via Admin > Groups > Default > Add People then check mark next to their name, and Save.

This is automatically sending out an email notification to the added users, which I don't want. We will prepare a separate communication for this with a link. Is it possible to disable this automated email notification?

Thanks!

Best Answers

• Ashleigh
    Ashleigh Coach
    Answer ✓

I have never had to add people to the Default group, by default it always just has all my users in it. You may want to try creating a new group for this use case if it is for sharing a specific dashboard.

**If this answer solved your problem be sure to like it and accept it as a solution!

• MichelleH
    MichelleH Coach
    Answer ✓

@PJG Have you tried adding users to groups through the "People" section of the Admin panel? As far as I'm aware, that does not trigger an email.

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓

If you want to add users in bulk you can do that using a CSV and also have a value to toggle sending the welcome email or not: https://domo-support.domo.com/s/article/360042934274?language=en_US

You can specify TRUE or FALSE for the sendInvite value in your CSV to send the email or not.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**

Answers

• Ashleigh
    Ashleigh Coach
    Answer ✓

I have never had to add people to the Default group, by default it always just has all my users in it. You may want to try creating a new group for this use case if it is for sharing a specific dashboard.

**If this answer solved your problem be sure to like it and accept it as a solution!

• MichelleH
    MichelleH Coach
    Answer ✓

@PJG Have you tried adding users to groups through the "People" section of the Admin panel? As far as I'm aware, that does not trigger an email.

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓

If you want to add users in bulk you can do that using a CSV and also have a value to toggle sending the welcome email or not: https://domo-support.domo.com/s/article/360042934274?language=en_US

You can specify TRUE or FALSE for the sendInvite value in your CSV to send the email or not.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • PJG
    PJG Member

Hi @MichelleH, that might actually be optimal, because I do have to add about ~200 users, so it looks like I could use the Bulk Import here. I will test with an individual user first.

@Ashleigh thank you also. I will have to check on that too (if Default automatically gets new users added to it). I am still learning the best way to manage permissions here.

• PJG
    PJG Member

@GrantSmith Thank you Grant, just saw your reply also, and that might be exactly what I'm looking for.