Customer's Company email is changing what needs to be checked to ensure no issues after the change?

I have the steps to make the change using Bulk Import. But I want to see if there are other areas of Domo that will be affected that I need to check in association with this change to ensure no issues with the transition. Will SSO be affected?

Tagged:

Best Answers

• MichelleH
    MichelleH Coach
    Answer ✓

@leonbrooks The primary email address associated with each user's Domo account needs to exactly match the email address used by your SSO provider. If the old email addresses are still going to exist as an alias, then I would suggest using the old email address as the alternate email for the Domo account as a backup.

• trafalger
    trafalger Coach
    Answer ✓

Also 100% put yourself and whomever else would need emergency access on the "Direct Sign-On" list so you can still login to fix things. Also this URL is your friend

https://<subdomain>.domo.com/auth/index?domoManualLogin=true

Answers

• MichelleH
    MichelleH Coach
    Answer ✓

@leonbrooks The primary email address associated with each user's Domo account needs to exactly match the email address used by your SSO provider. If the old email addresses are still going to exist as an alias, then I would suggest using the old email address as the alternate email for the Domo account as a backup.

• trafalger
    trafalger Coach
    Answer ✓

Also 100% put yourself and whomever else would need emergency access on the "Direct Sign-On" list so you can still login to fix things. Also this URL is your friend

https://<subdomain>.domo.com/auth/index?domoManualLogin=true

• We recently went through the same thing and we just went in and changed all of our user's emails after the switch. You should be able to use the bulk import feature. I recommend exporting a list of all your users and then auto update all the emails and then reimport it. Definitely agree with @trafalger, always have a couple people on the direct sign on list.

I also use the domostats datasets to alert me anytime a new user logs in so that I can catch email changes. Several times I have caught someone with a name change or email change that I knew had an account but I was able to see it from this alert. Once I see it I just go in and update their email then remove the old account and notify the user.

**If this answer solved your problem be sure to like it and accept it as a solution!