Date Grain/Filter

Hello,

I've built out a Dashboard with multiple data set visualizations and each is filtered by month. When I'm viewing the dashboard I'd like to remove the "By Month" date grain that appears on each data set as its obvious by looking at it and by the name of the datasets.

I can't seem to resolve how to do that without removing the date filter within the data sets, however that solution leads to the dates not filtering by month and instead just by the individual dates.

Best Answer

• RobSomers
    RobSomers Coach
    Answer ✓

@b_walsh Go into 'Edit Dashboard', then for each card you want to remove the timeframe from, you'll hover over it and click 'Edit Content'. Then go to 'Display Settings' and you can deselect Timeframe to remove By Month from the card.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**

**Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**

Answers

• LWalker
    LWalker Domo Employee

Hi there,

these following steps may help:

1. Click on one of the visualizations that have the "By Month" label.
    2. In the Visualizations pane on the right, scroll down to the "Data" section.
    3. Under "Data," look for the "Fields" section and find the field that represents the month filter (e.g. "Order Date").
    4. Click on the pencil icon next to the field to open the "Edit Field" dialog box.
    5. In the "Edit Field" dialog box, look for the "Display Name" field.
    6. Change the display name to whatever you'd like to appear on the visualization (e.g. "Date").
    7. Click "Apply" to save the changes.

Repeat these steps for each visualization that has the "By Month" label. This will allow you to remove the label without removing the month filter from the data sets.

• Sorry, I think this may be impacting things. The Data is coming in from a salesforce connection so I'm not sure I have that kind of ability to edit Field Display Names?

• RobSomers
    RobSomers Coach
    Answer ✓

@b_walsh Go into 'Edit Dashboard', then for each card you want to remove the timeframe from, you'll hover over it and click 'Edit Content'. Then go to 'Display Settings' and you can deselect Timeframe to remove By Month from the card.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**

**Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**