How do I create a drill path for a stacked bar chart with multiple measures/values?

Hello!

I'm new to Domo and spent some time digging around the Dojo to try to find the answer to this question but didn't have any luck... I hope what I'm asking for makes sense; I'm happy to provide details if it doesn't.

Thank you in advance for your help!

High-level

I created a line and stacked bar chart where the series (the bar pieces) are made up of three measures/values. When I click on one of the series, I want to be taken into that data and shown a slightly different view; however, I'm struggling to make a drill path that gives me what I want because the drill path isn't filtering out the other two measures/values.

Specifics

The line and stacked bar chart shows inventory (in buckets) by month. The x-axis is the month; the y-axis is a calculated field (don't think it's relevant to solving the problem), and the series are three different inventory buckets, which are measures. I want to click into an inventory bucket and have the drill path filter out the other two measures or I want the y-axis to be variable depending on which inventory bucket I clicked into. If it helps, the drill path is a stacked bar chart (the series (i.e. the bar pieces) in this chart are not inventory buckets, they're categories).

Comments

• Can you tell us what filters are being applied when you're drilling down into your chart? Also where are you clicking to drill down? (If you click on an X-axis value like May 2018 it will only pass that as the filter. If you instead clicked on say Series Value 1 in the May 2018 bar, both filters should be passed)

Here's an example of what get applied if I clicked on Arizona in a US Map chart:

image.png

What you're describing sounds like standard drill down functionality where as long as filter is passed from clicking on your chart, the other values should be filtered out. 

Also, are you by chance changing datasets between your top level card and the drilldown? 

Sincerely,

Valiant_Ronin

**Please mark "Accept as Solution" if this post solves your problem
    **Say "Thanks" by clicking the "heart" in the post that helped you.

• Thanks for your reply!

Can you tell us what filters are being applied when you're drilling down into your chart?

The only filter being applied is Month, which is the x-axis in the primary chat.

Also where are you clicking to drill down?

I'm clicking on one of the bar pieces (i.e. one of the three series measures/values). This is where I think the problem is, though I'm not sure of the solution.

I think it's a problem because in the drill path chart, I'm not sure what value/measure to use in my drill path's y-axis since there are three values/measures in my original chart.

Also, are you by chance changing datasets between your top level card and the drilldown?

I am not.

This discussion has been closed.