Regression Analysis on Bar Chart

cmarkum
cmarkum Contributor

We started using the regression analysis on a bar chart and noticed that it only goes out one time period (month, quarter) but doesn't seem to work with year (which is a different issue). Does anyone know if there is a way for it to go our 2 or 3 time periods. This may be a feature request but wanted to check if there was something that I was missing. Thanks in advance. 

Best Answer

• jmo
    jmo Contributor
    Answer ✓

The "Last Value Projection" feature only covers the current period. The current period is defined using the time-grain selector at the top of the card. You can get a forecast out for this month or this quarter but you cannot get one for next month or next quarter (even though next month is often part of this quarter).

-----
    I work for Domo.
    **Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumbs up in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

Answers

• nalbright
    nalbright Contributor

It may be possible, if one has different fields for years, quarters, and months in one's dataflow, to do a bar chart for each time period and drill down.  For example, one could compare 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 together on a year chart, and then click on the bars to drill down to the Q1, Q2, Q3, and Q4 levels, and then drill down below that to the month level.  Is this what you had in mind, or did you want the different time periods on the same bar chart?

"When I have money, I buy books. When I have no money, I buy food." - Erasmus of Rotterdam
  • cmarkum
    cmarkum Contributor

I may not have explained it well. We were using the "Last Value Projection" feature in a bar chart and noticed that it only goes out one period. I was just curious if there was a way for it to go out more than one period whether it be year, quarter, month.

• jmo
    jmo Contributor
    Answer ✓

The "Last Value Projection" feature only covers the current period. The current period is defined using the time-grain selector at the top of the card. You can get a forecast out for this month or this quarter but you cannot get one for next month or next quarter (even though next month is often part of this quarter).

-----
    I work for Domo.
    **Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumbs up in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
  • kshah008
    kshah008 Contributor

@cmarkum, did any of the above suggestions help? Please let us know. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.