Facebook Ads dataset failure

I am getting this error message " Domo is ready but an error occurred during the import: The request calculations failed after being sent to Facebook. Please Try your request again later." 

At first i thought it was a Facebook api call error, but i realized that the other four datasets that are pulling from the same source are not having any issues. Can anyone assist me with this?

Comments

• kshah008
    kshah008 Contributor

Hi all,

Can somebody help @CoreVest with their problem?

Thanks!

• Bulloko
    Bulloko Domo Employee

@CoreVest
    The connector works like this - It sends a request to Facebook asking that the metrics be calculated. Then it checks back periodically to see if the calculations are complete. When the calculations are complete, it returns data.
    That message happens if something goes wrong while the calculations are being generated (by FaceBook). Facebook doesn't give us any detailed information at that point, just that the request failed.
    Hence the message "Domo is ready but an error occurred during the import: The request calculations failed after being sent to Facebook. Please Try your request again later."
    Sometimes, requesting the data again works. Soemtimes you have to wait a few hours. Sometimes you have to request less data at once.

So the issue is on FaceBooks end. My developers are working with them to improve this and get better error messages back from them, but currently this is what we can do as FaceBook is our "roadblock" persay.

• thank you for the breakdown