Question on Line chart...how do I modify which metric is the line vs which is in the stacked bar?

Best Answers

• Godzilla
    Godzilla Contributor
    Answer ✓

the first series is always the line and the rest are bars. you control it using sorting. 

Domo Arigato!

**Say 'Thanks' by clicking the thumbs up in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem as 'Accepted Solution'
  • Unknown
    Answer ✓

Also note that you can set the number of lines (or symbols) that will appear in the chart. Go to chart properties > General and you'll see the open field that shows Number of Lines (or Symbols). If you have four series in your chart and you want two lines, then put 2 in the box, and place these two series first and second in your chart builder. 

This makes it much easier to manage secondary axes where you may have % and a large number on the other axis. 

Answers

• Godzilla
    Godzilla Contributor
    Answer ✓

the first series is always the line and the rest are bars. you control it using sorting. 

Domo Arigato!

**Say 'Thanks' by clicking the thumbs up in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem as 'Accepted Solution'
  • kshah008
    kshah008 Contributor

@Wheelzzz, did Godzilla's reply help answer your question?

• Unknown
    Answer ✓

Also note that you can set the number of lines (or symbols) that will appear in the chart. Go to chart properties > General and you'll see the open field that shows Number of Lines (or Symbols). If you have four series in your chart and you want two lines, then put 2 in the box, and place these two series first and second in your chart builder. 

This makes it much easier to manage secondary axes where you may have % and a large number on the other axis. 

• Yes it did!  Thanks all!

• This does not seem to be the case anymore and it appears the line is being arbitrarily chosen.  In fact, the line gets changed when I add a data label (what ?!?!)

Specifically, I have a series that is a count of certain string types so sorting does not work.  Is there anyway to choose which category is the line in this instance?

This discussion has been closed.