Has anyone tried to use Domo as a SFTP server replacement?

I know that there are a variety of connectors to pull data off of various SFTP servers, but could Domo replace a third party SFTP server? I have many clients who send data via SFTP and they all use different servers so wondering the best way to centralize SFTP transfers in Domo.

Best Answer

• ArborRose
    ArborRose Coach
    edited September 4 Answer ✓

Talking to SFTP sites is quite different than acting as an SFTP host. Domo isn't designed to replace an SFTP server itself. Domo excels at connecting to various data sources, including SFTP servers, to pull in and manage data. But it has no host area that I am aware of to act as a repository for files. If it did, the permissions handling would be another issue.

** Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below. **
    ** Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution! **

Answers

• ArborRose
    ArborRose Coach
    edited September 4 Answer ✓

Talking to SFTP sites is quite different than acting as an SFTP host. Domo isn't designed to replace an SFTP server itself. Domo excels at connecting to various data sources, including SFTP servers, to pull in and manage data. But it has no host area that I am aware of to act as a repository for files. If it did, the permissions handling would be another issue.

** Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below. **
    ** Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution! **

• @ArborRose thank you for the information. I thought that was the case and you saved me so much time looking for a solution!