Workbench Enterprise - Any experience with it.

rado98
rado98 Contributor

Has any one had any real experience with Workbench Enterprise?

When I saw it on an presentation I was very excited about as I thought that I would be able to control our existing workbench set-ups via the web. Due to IT's concerns (don't get me started on that) I cannot control one of my Workbench PCs remotely, so being able to control workbench via the web seem great.

Unfortunately it turned out to be an alternative to Workbench that is more convoluted to set-up and i would probably need to wrestle with IT to get going.

Seen how I have had my fair share of issues with WB in the past (it has come a long why mind you) I don't think I could put in the effort required for WB Enterprise unless I get some good feedback about it. so any experience with it would be much appreciated.

Comments

• I've also been trying to get Workbench Enterprise set up for my organization. I can't get it set up and running locally. Seems like it needs a RabbitMQ image to function, but it doesn't work locally (can't point WBE at localhost), so we need IT/Platform to support this. We use Kubernetes, and there doesn't appear to be any support or documentation about running it on Kubernetes.

Can't really test it locally, and IT/Platform won't support it unless Domo provides a helm chart. Feels like this feature is underbaked.