form brick not available on app studio.

Hi,

I have custom coded a form brick and saved it. the form brick had a default form. I have made the changes in HTML and customized it. However when trying to upload it to App studio it displays the default form instead of the customized form.

Best Answer

• JosephMeyers
    JosephMeyers Domo Employee
    Answer ✓

Bricks are unique per app instance or in this case card. Adding an app creates a new instance of the design which with standard custom apps would show the same for each card. With Bricks, since they have customized settings and code stored unique to each app instance, a new instance would show the default state since none of those settings or code was saved to that instance.

As far as App Studio and adding one per dashboard I'd have to ask around as I'm not as familiar with that product.

Answers

• JosephMeyers

To add a Brick card to App Studio you will want to use the Card option in the CONTENT section and then ADD CONTENT > Add existing Card

• @JosephMeyers Yes I was able to add the content displayed. However it is displaying the default form content instead of the edited one.

• @JosephMeyers I figured it out. I was trying to add content by adding an app, which displays the default form on the brick. However, when I try to save the customized form on the brick and add it as a card, it works. Also, I observed that it only allows me to add a card to the dashboard once.

• JosephMeyers
    Answer ✓

Bricks are unique per app instance or in this case card. Adding an app creates a new instance of the design which with standard custom apps would show the same for each card. With Bricks, since they have customized settings and code stored unique to each app instance, a new instance would show the default state since none of those settings or code was saved to that instance.

As far as App Studio and adding one per dashboard I'd have to ask around as I'm not as familiar with that product.

• Thank you for your response. I have a new instance where I customized the form with code and saved the changes. When I tried adding that app (the instance where the customization was saved), it displays the default settings. This might be because it considers it as adding a new instance of that brick.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

• JosephMeyers

Depends on how you added it. Did you use the options I mentioned earlier to add it to App Studio and it's still not working as expected?

• Yes, when added as an app to the app studio card ( the default instance is displayed instead of saved changes)

• JosephMeyers

You have to add it as a card.

• Arthi Annadi
    Arthi Annadi Member
    edited July 12

Thank you for your response.