Org Hierarchy and Sunburst Chart Limitations

Options

I'm working on a Sunburst Chart to show organizational hierarchy. I'm running into some issues where I've got 3 levels to my hierarchy and I'm only able show 1 of these without the visual disappearing. I've attached the sample data I'm working with and here is the setup on the card:

Is this chart just not capable of handling null values or blank fields? If so, what are my options?

Would also love to know if anyone has any other suggestions on how to present org hierarchies with drill down capabilities.

Best Answer

• ColemenWilson
    Answer ✓
    Options

The card wouldn't work with no value shown on that level of the sunburst. Logically there needs to be something there if there is an additional level. So for CEO you could have a repeated value of CEO, or N/A which makes sense because Level 2 doesn't apply to the CEO. It's just a limitation of the chart type. You could create a hierachy using some other tool and then add it to domo as a DDX brick.

If I solved your problem, please select "yes" above

Answers

• ColemenWilson
    edited April 23
    Options

It can't handle nulls. For your next level just create a beastmode:
    IFNULL(`Level2`,'N/A')

• lbg3222
    lbg3222 Member
    Options

Right but then I have a value of N/A on my chart that I can't get rid of without filtering out those rows.

• ColemenWilson
    Answer ✓
    Options

The card wouldn't work with no value shown on that level of the sunburst. Logically there needs to be something there if there is an additional level. So for CEO you could have a repeated value of CEO, or N/A which makes sense because Level 2 doesn't apply to the CEO. It's just a limitation of the chart type. You could create a hierachy using some other tool and then add it to domo as a DDX brick.