Drill down from chart view

Options

Is there a way to drill down from a bar chart view without only clicking one of the x axis chart values? For ex: I have an inbound vs outbound bar chart - If I click inbound or outbound bar graph the drill path will take me to a view of each (inbound or outbound) by account - But i am trying to see BOTH Inbound/outbound by account when I drill down, similar to what you would see when clicking a number value card. The last screenshot only shows the inbound calls by account.

Best Answer

• MichelleH
    MichelleH Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Stu5677 If your card is set up with a measure for Call Count in the Y Axis and a dimension for Inbound/Outbound in the Series & X-Axis, you can separate prevent the drill from filtering by switching to two beast mode measures (no series) instead like this:

Outbound:

count(case when `Direction` = 'Outbound' then `Call ID` end)

Inbound:

count(case when `Direction` = 'Inbound' then `Call ID` end)

When you use a dimension in the Series it segments the rows in your dataset according to the value of the dimension, so when you click one of the bars it drills to just rows with that value (Inbound/Outbound). On the other hand, the beast modes above both include all available rows in the dataset but only count the ones that meet the conditions in the case statement. So when you click on one of those bars it does not exclude any rows in the drill, allowing you to include both bars.

Answers

• ColinHaze
    Options

@Stu5677 I had a similar issue. The way I solved it was make it a tiered chart and I put the date filter as the category.

When I click on 2024-04-01 it drills down to all the data that powers the chart.

• Stu5677
    Stu5677 Member
    Options

@ColinHaze - I appreciate your response, but even adding the date wont work as I am trying to still separate the 2 call types. So the column just puts NH over Existing and I have to click on one or the other to drill down, but I am trying to find a way to click on "both" essentially.

• MichelleH
    MichelleH Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Stu5677 If your card is set up with a measure for Call Count in the Y Axis and a dimension for Inbound/Outbound in the Series & X-Axis, you can separate prevent the drill from filtering by switching to two beast mode measures (no series) instead like this:

Outbound:

count(case when `Direction` = 'Outbound' then `Call ID` end)

Inbound:

count(case when `Direction` = 'Inbound' then `Call ID` end)

When you use a dimension in the Series it segments the rows in your dataset according to the value of the dimension, so when you click one of the bars it drills to just rows with that value (Inbound/Outbound). On the other hand, the beast modes above both include all available rows in the dataset but only count the ones that meet the conditions in the case statement. So when you click on one of those bars it does not exclude any rows in the drill, allowing you to include both bars.