Adding Group to Alerts

Options
shreeb
shreeb Member
edited April 9 in Datasets

I have applied PDP to an alert. I have selected the policy, but when i try to share the alert with groups, I am not able to.

I have one person on PDP - but all Data, but when i type her name to share the alert, her name doesn't pop up.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• ArborRose
    ArborRose Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

Applying PDP to a dataset restricts access to the underlying data. You still need to separately grant user access to view alerts that use that dataset. Make sure users have been granted appropriate permissions at both the dataset and alert levels to ensure they can access the data and receive alerts.

** Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below. **
    ** Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution! **

Answers

• shreeb
    shreeb Member
    Options

Do i need to give individual access and depending on their group the will get the alert?

• ArborRose
    Options

I believe in Domo, when you apply a PDP policy to an alert, it limits the data displayed in the alert, based on the permissions specified in the policy. Applying PDP to an alert wouldn't automatically grant access to view.

• shreeb
    shreeb Member
    Options

I understand that part @ArborRose - my question is. based on the PDP applied to the dataset, do I need to give individual access to the users because I cant send the group the alert.

• ArborRose
    ArborRose Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

Applying PDP to a dataset restricts access to the underlying data. You still need to separately grant user access to view alerts that use that dataset. Make sure users have been granted appropriate permissions at both the dataset and alert levels to ensure they can access the data and receive alerts.

• shreeb
    shreeb Member
    Options

Perfect! Thank you so much @ArborRose !