GOVERNANCE Q&A from Domopalooza

Options
AnnaYardley
AnnaYardley Community Forums Manager
edited April 2 in Governance & Security

The product team enjoyed answering questions from the audience during the final session at Domopalooza. Below you will find the answers to all questions related to Governance (including those that weren't mentioned on stage).

Q: How can I copy data between Domo instances?
A: You can use Domo's DataSet Copy connector to copy data from one Domo instance to another

Q: How do I control access to Domo content?
A: Domo has always provided built-in security roles such as Admin, Privileged, and Participant that are used to restrict access to sensitive Domo features. These roles govern which users in your Domo instance can perform sensitive tasks such as exporting data, inviting users, and changing company settings.

Q: How do I give people access to specific rows?
A: You can use Personalized Data Permissions (PDP) on a DataSet to create a customized experience when querying data, viewing charts, or receiving alerts. The PDP policies you create let you give people and groups access only to specific rows that are relevant to them.

Q: Can an Admin replicate a user's permissions to be able to temporarily have the same view?
A: We've heard the interest in this feature - thanks for the engagement on the Ideas Exchange!We'll be looking at how we might be able to deliver this in the future.

Q: How can I manage users at scale?
A: You can configure Domo to integrate with your identity provider via SSO. Depending on how you configure the integration, you can allow Domo to auto-create users or not. You can set user attributes and group membership via SSO. In addition, you can synchronize your Domo users with your IdP using Domo’s SCIM endpoints.
Domo’s Governance Toolkit provides tools for automation of user and group management.

Q: What is the future of Domo access management at scale?
A: Domo already provides roles and grants that govern a user’s privileges in Domo. And you can define custom roles to give just the right privileges to your users. In addition, we’re exploring how attribute-based access control can give you fine-grained control over user actions on specific content.

Q: How can an Admin delegate the management of users, including assigning roles?
A: This has been a sticking point in the past, but we’ve been working on a feature that will allow you to do just that: Specify which users can assign roles; and specify which roles they can assign.

Have any follow-up questions? Post them in the comments below. A product team owner is closely moderating this post and will respond promptly to your questions.

Tagged: