How to visualize survey responses - 4 statements, 5 possible answers

Options

We collected survey responses from customers for multiple programs, where they submitted their disagreement/agreement rating for 4 statements. An example of how the data is collected is attached.

I would like to have a drill down that shows the distribution of those answers for each statement for only one program (bonus if we could show multiple programs at once?). I attached an image of what I want the drill down to look like after a program is clicked on.

Best Answer

• brycec
    brycec Contributor
    Answer ✓
    Options

Is the problem you're running into that it's aggregated on the card but you don't want it aggregated on the drill? If so, you can create a DataSet using a DataFlow that aggregates the values for the card, then use a different DataSet that's not aggregated for the drill. I'm probably not understanding the problem well. Feel free to email me at bryce.cindrich@anglepoint.com and I can help you out. I'm at Domopalooza this week, but can hop on a call next week.

Was this comment helpful? Click Agree or Like below.
    Did this comment solve your problem? Accept it as the solution!

Answers

• brycec
    brycec Contributor
    Options

Are you trying to drill from the table you shared? If so, it should be pretty simple. Just create a drill on that card, build out the view your looking for, then to drill click on the program in the table. Bonus, you can actually stay on the drill level but just x out the filter for program shown in blue, and it will expand to include all programs in the drill.

• user16684
    user16684 Member
    edited March 28
    Options

Hi brycec, thanks for your comment. The drill down would be from a table that shows the average response for each question, aggregated by program.

Could you assist me in how to create the drill down chart based on the format of the data? I'm having a hard time nesting the bars by question.

• brycec
    brycec Contributor
    Answer ✓
    Options

Is the problem you're running into that it's aggregated on the card but you don't want it aggregated on the drill? If so, you can create a DataSet using a DataFlow that aggregates the values for the card, then use a different DataSet that's not aggregated for the drill. I'm probably not understanding the problem well. Feel free to email me at bryce.cindrich@anglepoint.com and I can help you out. I'm at Domopalooza this week, but can hop on a call next week.