Expand/collapse rows only working for first level of pivot

Options

Hello. I have a pivot table with 3 values for rows. I am able to expand/collapse based upon the first value, but not the second. When I click on the "+" next to the first value it expands to out all three values

… but when I click the "-" next to the second value, it collapses everything back to the first value (i.e. how it looks in the first screenshot).

Previously, this was working for both the first and second value, and here's a screenshot from a few weeks ago.

Has something changed in the functionality, or could I have mistakenly change a setting?

Thanks, Sarah

Tagged:

Best Answers

• brycec
    brycec Contributor
    Answer ✓
    Options

I have confirmed that this functionality is working as expected in my instance. Not to say that in your instance it isn't a bug, but hopefully not.

You need to have the option "Show Subtotal Rows" checked under the Subtotals section in the card options for this to work. Do you have that checked already?

Was this comment helpful? Click Agree or Like below.
    Did this comment solve your problem? Accept it as the solution!

• wuangel02
    wuangel02 Member
    Answer ✓
    Options

I am having the same issue with a pivot table. I copied a card I created last month (using Save As), changed the measures to beast modes versus the built in aggregate functions, then noticed I could no longer save in the expanded view like my original card. I also reset chart properties and now it's expanding as it had before.

Answers

• brycec
    brycec Contributor
    Answer ✓
    Options

I have confirmed that this functionality is working as expected in my instance. Not to say that in your instance it isn't a bug, but hopefully not.

You need to have the option "Show Subtotal Rows" checked under the Subtotals section in the card options for this to work. Do you have that checked already?

Was this comment helpful? Click Agree or Like below.
    Did this comment solve your problem? Accept it as the solution!

• SarahR365
    Options

I do have the "Show Subtotal Rows" checked. I reset all chart properties, and it seems to be working now. I guess maybe some of the color/formatting (previous analyst's choices) were messing things up?

• wuangel02
    wuangel02 Member
    Answer ✓
    Options

I am having the same issue with a pivot table. I copied a card I created last month (using Save As), changed the measures to beast modes versus the built in aggregate functions, then noticed I could no longer save in the expanded view like my original card. I also reset chart properties and now it's expanding as it had before.