Getting name of columns used in card

Options

Is there a way to get the names of the columns used on a card? I don't mean the columns for the dataset that powers the card - I mean only the columns actually used on the card.

I've loaded several Domo Governance datasets from Domo Stats but I don't see any way to get this. I'm trying to make a report that shows when the fields on any card change.

Best Answer

• ColemenWilson
    edited February 18 Answer ✓
    Options

This actually does exist. It is a Domo Governance dataset called "Card Fields and Beastmodes". It returns the fields used on cards, ONLY if they are used in the card - which sounds like exactly what you are looking for.

If I solved your problem, please select "yes" above

Answers

• MarkSnodgrass
    Options

Unfortunately, there is not an easy way to do this as it isn't in the Domo Stats. It might be possible using the Java CLI tool or via an API call, but not easy.

I think this would be very useful as a Domo Stats dataset. I would recommend adding it to the Ideas Exchange.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • ColemenWilson
    edited February 18 Answer ✓
    Options

This actually does exist. It is a Domo Governance dataset called "Card Fields and Beastmodes". It returns the fields used on cards, ONLY if they are used in the card - which sounds like exactly what you are looking for.

If I solved your problem, please select "yes" above

• MarkSnodgrass
    Options

Excellent find @ColemenWilson !

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • luoqianhe
    Options

Thank you @ColemenWilson! That's just what I asked for.