Google Analytics advanced connector not working

Options

Hi, I am trying to connect our Google analytics account to Domo. I am using the Google Analytics advanced connector, but the views are not showing. It should show 2 views, like what we have in Google analytics, but it is empty. I am using a free Google analytics account. Can you please let me know how I can connect the GA4 account to Domo or is it a technical issue with Domo? Thanks

Best Answers

• ArborRose
    ArborRose Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

Potential reasons….

1. Permissions Issue: Ensure that the Google account you're using to connect to Google Analytics through Domo has the necessary permissions to access the views in Google Analytics. You need to have at least "Read & Analyze" access at the view level.
    2. Data Availability: Make sure that there is data available in the Google Analytics views you're trying to connect to Domo. If there's no data available in those views, Domo won't be able to display them.
    3. Connector Configuration: Double-check the configuration of the Google Analytics advanced connector in Domo. Ensure that you've selected the correct Google Analytics property and view IDs during the setup process.
    4. Compatibility: Confirm that the Google Analytics advanced connector in Domo supports the type of Google Analytics account you're using. While Domo typically supports connecting to Google Analytics accounts, there could be limitations or compatibility issues with certain types of accounts or specific features like GA4.
    5. Technical Issues: It's possible that there could be technical issues with the Domo platform or the connector itself. In such cases, you may need to reach out to Domo's support team for assistance.

** Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below. **
    ** Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution! **

• DataMaven
    DataMaven Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

What issues are you having with the data? The API Endpoints for GA4 behave MUCH differently from GA3. It can be a nightmare. Rather…It has been a nightmare…to get data accurately pulling. Both dimensions and metrics conflict and result in data omission.

Feel free to reach out if you need help. Domo may not be able to help because the connector is pulling what the endpoint pulls - I tested this.

Also, make sure you are using this connector:

DataMaven
    Breaking Down Silos - Building Bridges
    **Say "Thanks" by clicking a reaction in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"

Answers

• DMJerry
    Options

@vaco I have the same use case. I'm using the "old" GA advanced connector but it's not linking to my G4 account and seems to be an old account. Hope someone can help.

• ArborRose
    ArborRose Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

Potential reasons….

1. Permissions Issue: Ensure that the Google account you're using to connect to Google Analytics through Domo has the necessary permissions to access the views in Google Analytics. You need to have at least "Read & Analyze" access at the view level.
    2. Data Availability: Make sure that there is data available in the Google Analytics views you're trying to connect to Domo. If there's no data available in those views, Domo won't be able to display them.
    3. Connector Configuration: Double-check the configuration of the Google Analytics advanced connector in Domo. Ensure that you've selected the correct Google Analytics property and view IDs during the setup process.
    4. Compatibility: Confirm that the Google Analytics advanced connector in Domo supports the type of Google Analytics account you're using. While Domo typically supports connecting to Google Analytics accounts, there could be limitations or compatibility issues with certain types of accounts or specific features like GA4.
    5. Technical Issues: It's possible that there could be technical issues with the Domo platform or the connector itself. In such cases, you may need to reach out to Domo's support team for assistance.

** Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below. **
    ** Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution! **

• vaco
    vaco Member
    edited February 16
    Options

Thank you @ArborRose! I got the "Read & Analyze" access, but I still have some issues with the data, so I contacted the support team.

• DataMaven
    DataMaven Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

What issues are you having with the data? The API Endpoints for GA4 behave MUCH differently from GA3. It can be a nightmare. Rather…It has been a nightmare…to get data accurately pulling. Both dimensions and metrics conflict and result in data omission.

Feel free to reach out if you need help. Domo may not be able to help because the connector is pulling what the endpoint pulls - I tested this.

Also, make sure you are using this connector:

DataMaven
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • vaco
    vaco Member
    Options

Thanks @DataMaven! I wanted to use the google analytics advanced connector because it has more options for measures but the support team said that it is not working for GA4. So, I guess the preferred connector is google analytics 4 connector.

• vaco
    vaco Member
    Options

Hi @DMJerry , the google analytics 4 connector works for me for GA4.

• DataMaven
    Options

@vaco - There are a lot of things that are no longer available with GA4 because of decisions Google made. Most are related to privacy in a roundabout sort of way. You'll find things like demographics and geo data to be lacking, as well as anything else which has to require the user to agree to being tracked. Some, like the demographics data, can be cajoled into yielding better results by running larger date ranges. I am working on a sequence now to do monthly data replacements with totals. It's annoying.

Thank you for marking my solution!

DataMaven