How to create a dataset last updated card at top of dash?

Options
pauljames
pauljames Contributor

Hey, how would I create a last updated card on top of a dash? This way it gives the users the understanding of how up to date the cards below are, etc. How would i create that on the dataset to then even be able to apply to a card?

Thanks!

IF I SOLVED YOUR PROBLEM, PLEASE "ACCEPT" MY ANSWER AS A SOLUTION. THANK YOU!

Best Answer

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

Alternatively, you can use smart text either in the title or description of a card or use a text card with smart text to show when a dataset was last updated.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**

Answers

• Ashleigh
    Options

@pauljames You could use the Domostats Datasets dataset and create a card directly from that if your dashboard uses one dataset or if you have multiple you can put it in a flow to determine which date you wanted to use. In the flow just filter for the dataset ID of the dataset you want to get the latest date from (if you are using a data pipeline I recommend using the first dataset in the process like the connector or Workbench input). Once you determine which dataset you are going to get the data for you can use the column "Last_Run_Date".

**If this answer solved your problem be sure to like it and accept it as a solution!

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

Alternatively, you can use smart text either in the title or description of a card or use a text card with smart text to show when a dataset was last updated.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • ST_-Superman-_
    Options

@pauljames

I would recommend some caution when showing a data last updated card. I often find that the datasets I'm building content on are the result of a magic or MySQL dataflow. This means that the dataset last updated is just providing details about when the dataflow was last run. It does not mean that the raw data was updated at that time. My suggestion would be to build a card or two from the raw datasets that would let your end users know the last time that data was updated. For example, if you have a dataset that combines invoices and shipping data. Provide your users with two cards, one showing the last time the invoice data was updated and one for the last time the shipping data was updated.

“There is a superhero in all of us, we just need the courage to put on the cape.” -Superman
  • pauljames
    pauljames Contributor
    Options

@ST_-Superman-_ , @GrantSmith , @Ashleigh . Y'all rock! Thanks for all the helpful tips and insights!

IF I SOLVED YOUR PROBLEM, PLEASE "ACCEPT" MY ANSWER AS A SOLUTION. THANK YOU!