Updating Color Rules on Symbol Line Chart

Options

Hello, I am trying to do exactly as was asked in this forum question below. The only difference is that I have multiple lines and many timestamps on the x-axis. Given that this question was asked a bit more than 3 years ago, is there a better way of doing this?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• ColemenWilson
    Answer ✓
    Options

No. All you have to do is set the color rule criteria in the color rules. For the above image I just set anything above 75 to be orange. You can set as many color rules as you would like. Maybe I am misunderstanding what problem you are having.

If I solved your problem, please select "yes" above

Answers

• MichelleH
    Options

@random_user_098765 You'd likely have to take the same approach as the previous post, however I would not recommend building your chart this way since you have so many lines and timestamps. While you could technically build it, it would be way too busy and difficult to interpret. I suggest using this guide to determine a better way to display your data based on what you are trying to convey with the card.

• ColemenWilson
    edited January 5
    Options

Something like this? The same can be done when a series (multiple lines) have been applied.

• random_user_098765
    Options

It seems that with the multi-line I would still have to do the work that is done in the linked forum question. Am I mistaken?

• ColemenWilson
    Answer ✓
    Options

No. All you have to do is set the color rule criteria in the color rules. For the above image I just set anything above 75 to be orange. You can set as many color rules as you would like. Maybe I am misunderstanding what problem you are having.

• random_user_098765
    Options

Interestingly, I saw that this worked with the Symbol Line but not with the Multi-line type of line chart. Thank you!

• ColemenWilson
    Options

@random_user_098765 you're welcome!