allow users to duplicate (save as) locked cards

Options
Zach13
Zach13 Member
edited December 2023 in Governance & Security

Hello,

My goal is to have published reports be locked down, but accessible to users to manipulate unofficial copies of them.

I would like to lock pages and cards so that only a users assigned to a group that owns the card or page (or is an admin) can edit them, but want all users with a user role that allows them to edit cards to be able to duplicate (save as) the card to their own overviews so that they can manipulate them. does anyone know if this is possible? this resource suggests that it might not be possible.

I need to be able to prevent changes to official cards and pages, but want users to be able to interact with the content.

Best Answer

• DavidChurchman
    Answer ✓
    Options

You could unlock the page and certify all the cards on the page. If someone inadvertently edits a card (instead of save-as), it loses the certification. It also warns the user of this when they try to save the card, which would help prevent inadvertent changes, if not absolutely block them.

You could also save a duplicate of the report that isn't shared, just in case major changes happen that you need to repair.

Please 💡/💖/👍/😊 this post if you read it and found it helpful.

Please accept the answer if it solved your problem.

Answers

• DavidChurchman
    Answer ✓
    Options

You could unlock the page and certify all the cards on the page. If someone inadvertently edits a card (instead of save-as), it loses the certification. It also warns the user of this when they try to save the card, which would help prevent inadvertent changes, if not absolutely block them.

You could also save a duplicate of the report that isn't shared, just in case major changes happen that you need to repair.

Please 💡/💖/👍/😊 this post if you read it and found it helpful.

Please accept the answer if it solved your problem.

• Zach13
    Options

Thank you, David! I'll look into those options. Does anyone else have any ideas? It'd be great if the duplicate functionality could be separated from edit capability.