Alerts are not being triggered even thought the condition is met

Options

I created some alerts based on a summary number, the Rules are being met but the status in not triggered I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

In this example:

Rule Summary Number: Shipments Is greater than or equal to (>=) 1, I have tried also greater than 0.

If you see even in the card is says summary number is currently 678, Not Triggered.

Thank you

Best Answer

• ST_-Superman-_
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Marie_Serrano It looks like this alert was set on a card. Double check that the card does not have any filters set on it and confirm that there are no page filters that might be blocking this data on the page the card is located on. Also confirm that the summary number for the card is still set to what you are expecting. I have had an issue where another user edited a card that I had set an alert on and changed the summary number. An alternative would be to set an alert on the dataset itself, or to create a dataset view that applies any filters you need and set the alert on that.

“There is a superhero in all of us, we just need the courage to put on the cape.” -Superman

Answers

• MichelleH
    Options

@Marie_Serrano When did you create the alert? If you created it after 9:10 EST today, then it has not checked whether the summary number meets the threshold. You can test this by changing the time to later today to see if it triggers the alert.

• Marie_Serrano
    Options

Hi Michelle I created a couple of days ago, and I have tested to wait and see when it is evaluating, It evaluates but it never changes to triggered, I don't understand why it doesn't change to triggered.

I have been in the alert when it says evaluating, it evaluates and nothing

• MichelleH
    Options

@Marie_Serrano That's odd. I'd suggest rebuilding the alert to see if that resolves the issue. Otherwise you may need to reach out to Domo support to look into it further.

• ST_-Superman-_
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Marie_Serrano It looks like this alert was set on a card. Double check that the card does not have any filters set on it and confirm that there are no page filters that might be blocking this data on the page the card is located on. Also confirm that the summary number for the card is still set to what you are expecting. I have had an issue where another user edited a card that I had set an alert on and changed the summary number. An alternative would be to set an alert on the dataset itself, or to create a dataset view that applies any filters you need and set the alert on that.

“There is a superhero in all of us, we just need the courage to put on the cape.” -Superman