Reverting Back to the old dataset version

Options
Can I revert back to the old version of a dataset and retrieve the lost rows?

Best Answers

• ColemenWilson
    Answer ✓
    Options

Here are the click steps for a dataflow dataset:

Locate the dataset you want and click it.

And here are the click steps for a non-dataflow dataset:

If I solved your problem, please select "yes" above

• jessdoe
    jessdoe Contributor
    Answer ✓
    Options

This only works if the dataset isn't the output from a dataflow, irrespective of recursion. So basically you can retrieve lost data via the history tab on any raw connector from the appstore, jupyter connectors, workbench connectors, etc.

Also, restoring a dataflow to a previous version and re-running the dataflow only restores lost data if the data loss was a result of the code change and the datasets powering the dataflow had not run/updated since the data loss.

Answers

• GrantSmith
    Options

Yes if you click on the three dots in the dataset history on the version you want to revert to you can find the option.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • lemon76
    Options

I don't see the dataset history option.

• Zuko
    Options

Hey @lemon76,

From your data set you need to go to history and find the version of the dataset which you want, once you find it hover over it and click on the wrench icon which pops up. Then all you have to do is select revert to this point.

• lemon76
    Options

Where do I find the dataset history? I am not able to find that. Is it an access issue? I have admin access.

• ColemenWilson
    Answer ✓
    Options

Here are the click steps for a dataflow dataset:

And here are the click steps for a non-dataflow dataset:

If I solved your problem, please select "yes" above

• Ashleigh
    Options

Just a side note, this only works if the dataset is not recursive. If you had a recursive dataset you can't bring back those rows with the 3 dots. You would have to use another data recovery method to restore them.

**If this answer solved your problem be sure to like it and accept it as a solution!

• jessdoe
    jessdoe Contributor
    Answer ✓
    Options

This only works if the dataset isn't the output from a dataflow, irrespective of recursion. So basically you can retrieve lost data via the history tab on any raw connector from the appstore, jupyter connectors, workbench connectors, etc.

Also, restoring a dataflow to a previous version and re-running the dataflow only restores lost data if the data loss was a result of the code change and the datasets powering the dataflow had not run/updated since the data loss.