Issues with Shopify Connector

Options

Hello - I have already raised an issue with Domo support but I wanted to see if the community was also having issues with Shopify in Domo? Are you having issues connecting to Shopify? Do you have any workarounds?

I'm sure this issue will be resolved soon, but we're getting ready for BFCM and my stakeholders need sales data!

Best Answer

Answers

• GrantSmith
    Options

I’ve also recently had issues with the Shopify connector where it’s saying it’s not authorized when I’ve authorized the connection already. I’m also waiting to hear back from support

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • Zuko
    Options

I have been having issues with this since friday. response from support has been really slow, much slower than i would have liked.

For some reason we have some shopify data sets (using the same access) that are still uploading but the majority are being blocked by an authorization issue.

• JuanRoaRojas
    Options

I have the same problem. just before BFCM sales

All shopify ELTs are broken

If I try to create new connection got this error:
    Oauth error invalid_request: This app is requesting access that you don't have permission to grant. To resolve this issue, ask the store owner to open or install the app.

if I try to run existign ETL got this error:
    Domo is ready, but Shopify returned a forbidden error. Please reauthenticate your account, validate your user permissions and try again. If the problem persists, please contact your Shopify administrator.

• pauljames
    pauljames Contributor
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Hydrow_Eric @JuanRoaRojas @Mattwjones @GrantSmith

I have many Shopify connectors and have recently had issues as well. They seem to be working fine now though. You all are connected through the custom app connector correct? https://domo-support.domo.com/s/article/000005100?language=en_US

We had to move all our shopify connectors to this type. If not, this could be your issue to start.

IF I SOLVED YOUR PROBLEM, PLEASE "ACCEPT" MY ANSWER AS A SOLUTION. THANK YOU!

• Hydrow_Eric
    Options

@pauljames Thank you for this solution. We can finally see data when using this option. Now we need to swap over a ton of datasets 😬

• pauljames
    pauljames Contributor
    Options

@Hydrow_Eric , oh yes… I remember. :( But its been great ever since!

IF I SOLVED YOUR PROBLEM, PLEASE "ACCEPT" MY ANSWER AS A SOLUTION. THANK YOU!

• swilliams
    swilliams Member
    edited November 2023
    Options

For the benefit of the Domo Community, as of today, this issue is STILL NOT resolved.

Domo (like Shopify) is still being evasive and not transparent about its root cause or prospects for resolution. We have been without Shopify transactional data for 6 days, today being the 6th. It's (once again) a finger-pointing situation between Domo and their integration "partners".

• GrantSmith
    Options

The custom app version does indeed work, it's just a matter of swapping out all your datasets on the cards and dataflows.

Documentation on Domo's Shopify Custom App connector: https://domo-support.domo.com/s/article/000005100?language=en_US

Shopify's documentation on creating a custom app and getting an access token: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/apps/app-types/custom-apps#create-and-install-a-custom-app

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • MichelleBot
    Options

We are experiencing the same issues with the Shopify connector and have reached out to Domo support. Please keep us updated if this gets resolved.

• lemon76
    Options

Switched the connector to Custom App and we were able to get data!