What happens to scheduled reports if the author is deleted?

Options

Hi all,

We've got a user leaving the company, but she's got about 15 scheduled reports set up that go to various stakeholders. What happens to those reports if I delete her account? Do they continue running without an author, or will I need to re-set those reports under new accounts?

Thanks!

Best Answer

• pauljames
    pauljames Contributor
    Answer ✓
    Options

@khuebsch , I believe when you try and delete her you will be prompted to change her datasets, flows and alerts over to new owners. I suggest in short term you change all ownership to yourself individually, then gradually reassign to appropriate users when needed.

IF I SOLVED YOUR PROBLEM, PLEASE "ACCEPT" MY ANSWER AS A SOLUTION. THANK YOU!

Answers

• MichelleH
    Options

@khuebsch The user can re-assign the existing scheduled reports by opening the Scheduled Reports page and selecting Change Owner. That way you do not have to recreate the reports from scratch

• khuebsch
    Options

So I do have to re-assign them all individually before I remove the account?

• MichelleH
    Options

@khuebsch I have not tested whether the reports will keep running if you delete the user first, but I would recommend changing the owner first to avoid disruption. I am not aware of a way to bulk change the owners of scheduled reports

• pauljames
    pauljames Contributor
    Answer ✓
    Options

@khuebsch , I believe when you try and delete her you will be prompted to change her datasets, flows and alerts over to new owners. I suggest in short term you change all ownership to yourself individually, then gradually reassign to appropriate users when needed.

IF I SOLVED YOUR PROBLEM, PLEASE "ACCEPT" MY ANSWER AS A SOLUTION. THANK YOU!

• GrantSmith
    Options

@pauljames is correct, it'll prompt you to change ownership of the users. You can also swap ownership of Domo objects using the swap-owner command as part of the Java CLI tool that Domo provides.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**