Reverse the inclusivity of 0 in Multi-Value Column for Value changes

Options
Samuel.
Samuel. Contributor

Hi all,

I might be being daft here, so I am raising a question before raising an idea in case anyone knows of a workaround to my problem.

I'm looking to use a value change graphic to show the changes in the number of risks on projects. As a result of this, an increase is "bad", but a decrease or consistent value (0) is "Good".

This means anything above 0 should be Red, and anything below 0, notably including 0, should be Green. Colour rules don't seem to be available on Multi-Value Column cards, so I am limited to using the colour options built into the card. As a result, I have no way to make my 0 values "Good/Green" as they inherit the positive value colours.

What I want in interval notation:

• Good/Green: (-∞,0]
  • Bad/Red: (0,∞)

vs

What Domo offers in interval notation:

• Good/Green: (-∞,0)
  • Bad/Red: [0,∞)

If there were a way to colour 0 specifically, that would also work, but I can't find that option either.

Best,

Sam

Best Answer

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

It's currently not supported by default. I'd recommend adding an idea to the idea exchange to add an option for 0 specific colorization. I'm sure others are wanting to do this as well.

You could possibly try and "shudder" your values by adding a trivial amount (0.001 for example) so that you don't have it being exactly 0 but slightly off of 0.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**

Answers

• MichelleH
    Options

@Samuel. Can you show a screenshot of how you set your color rules?

• MarkSnodgrass
    Options

Have you tried swapping the values that are in the gauge value and comparison value? I think the default chart properties might actually work for you if you switch which values you have in the gauge and comparison values.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • Samuel.
    Samuel. Contributor
    Options

Hey @MichelleH, they are the default Multi-value Column card settings except, under the "Change Value Options", I have ticked the "Reverse Color Direction" option.

@MarkSnodgrass Unfortunately, I've also tested that, and it still includes the 0 as a negative value.

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

It's currently not supported by default. I'd recommend adding an idea to the idea exchange to add an option for 0 specific colorization. I'm sure others are wanting to do this as well.

You could possibly try and "shudder" your values by adding a trivial amount (0.001 for example) so that you don't have it being exactly 0 but slightly off of 0.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**