I lost connction to DOMO. get "Could not authenticate user"

Options

When I open workbench, I saw an error ""Could not authenticate user" and lost all dataset jobs. does anyone know what cause the problem and how to fix this?

Thank you very much

Best Answer

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓
    Options

Ahh, interesting. Glad they were able to help out. Once you get the patch installed, the steps I outlined should get you authenticated again.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.

Answers

• GrantSmith
    Options

Have you tried to re-authenticate workbench or restarting your workbench server?

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • Hongsun
    Options

Thank you !

How to  re-authenticate workbench?? I never had workbench connection issue before

• MarkSnodgrass
    Options

This happens when your password has changed or expired. You will need to click on the key icon on the left of workbench and then click on re-authorize. It should open a browser and have you enter your credentials and a code. After you enter that, be sure and click on the save icon in workbench in the top right where you clicked re-authorize or else your credentials won't be updated. After this, close and re-open workbench and your jobs should re-appear.

• Hongsun
    Options

I have restarted the workbench service but error is still there.

• Hongsun
    Options

I can not find re-authorize . Please check the attached file .

• Hongsun
    Options

workbench was good yesterday.

• Hongsun
    Options

Here is my workbench log file

• MarkSnodgrass
    Options

Looks like yours say Authorize. Click on Authorize. It will then launch a browser for you to sign and enter a code. Once done, be sure and click the save button in Workbench.

• Hongsun
    Options

for some reason, when I Click on Authorize, nothing happened. something is wrong.

Thank you

• MarkSnodgrass
    Options

Unless your IT adminstrators have browsers disabled on the machine that Workbench is installed on, it should open a browser. You may want to reach out to Domo support if you are still unsuccessful.

• Hongsun
    Options

Yes, I did. I just got Domo support feedback, said it is the window server version issue. I need to install window patch.

Thank you

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓
    Options

Ahh, interesting. Glad they were able to help out. Once you get the patch installed, the steps I outlined should get you authenticated again.

• Hongsun
    Options

This is DOMO feeback "On October 10th, Domo will be deprecating support for Workbench jobs running on Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012R2 that are running on insecure ciphers. A patch can be downloaded here to fix the insecure ciphers: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/security-updates/SecurityAdvisories/2015/3042058. Windows Server versions that are newer than Windows Server 2012 will not require an update at this time, though we do encourage regular updates of your OS as a best practice for security."

• Hongsun
    Options

Thank you so much for your help

• dmurgit1
    Options

I am having the same issue here started with this morning's jobs on one of our servers. And we have installed the patch and rebooted all servers. Any ideas???

• Hongsun
    Hongsun Member
    edited October 2023
    Options

did you re-authorize workbench account? We will reboot our server at 4:00 pm central time today

• Hongsun
    Options

I have a domo case that still open. If the problem can not be fixed after reboot the server, I will ask DOMO support to help and will let you know .

• Hongsun
    Options

We are good now. all jobs are back after reboot server and I don't need to re-authorize account

• Hongsun
    Options

btw, we upgraded workbench to newest version