Presenting Totals in Marimekko Charts

Options
TiagoV
TiagoV Member
edited September 2023 in Cards, Dashboards, Stories

Hi!
I am trying to display row and column totals in a Mekko Chart.

For example, when looking at a chart like the one below, I'd ideally like to see -- either at the top of every column or as part of the column label -- the total revenue for each of the 4 regions; and similarly probably as part of the legend, the total revenue for each of the 5 segments. (Each total -- row and column -- would separately add up to the 31B total.

Or even having a % of total for each row and column would be equally good or better.

Thank you

Tagged:

Best Answers

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

Currently this isn't an option. You're not able to dynamically set the column labels like you're wanting to do. Have you looked into utilizing data labels and tool tips in your visualizations?

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • pauljames
    pauljames Contributor
    Answer ✓
    Options

@TiagoV , have you tried the 100% stacked bar chart? I know you can show a total label on top of each one of these regions as well as % of total. You could also edit the bar settings to 100 to make the chart type look like a Mekko chart if that's what you wish. In terms of values next to legend I'm not sure thats possible with either of these chart types.

IF I SOLVED YOUR PROBLEM, PLEASE "ACCEPT" MY ANSWER AS A SOLUTION. THANK YOU!

• TiagoV
    TiagoV Member
    edited September 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

@GrantSmith I started looking into tooltips now, thank you for the help!

@pauljames thank you for the suggestion. I have actually opted for the 100% stacked bar chart with the respective data labels. Thank you for the help!

Answers

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

Currently this isn't an option. You're not able to dynamically set the column labels like you're wanting to do. Have you looked into utilizing data labels and tool tips in your visualizations?

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • pauljames
    pauljames Contributor
    Answer ✓
    Options

@TiagoV , have you tried the 100% stacked bar chart? I know you can show a total label on top of each one of these regions as well as % of total. You could also edit the bar settings to 100 to make the chart type look like a Mekko chart if that's what you wish. In terms of values next to legend I'm not sure thats possible with either of these chart types.

IF I SOLVED YOUR PROBLEM, PLEASE "ACCEPT" MY ANSWER AS A SOLUTION. THANK YOU!

• TiagoV
    TiagoV Member
    edited September 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

@GrantSmith I started looking into tooltips now, thank you for the help!

@pauljames thank you for the suggestion. I have actually opted for the 100% stacked bar chart with the respective data labels. Thank you for the help!