Analyzer Data

Options

Hello All,

This is a technical question.

What could be limiting the amount of data been fed into Analyzer/dashboard even though current data is in the data source?

At every step in my ETL I have current data from 1/1/2021 to today, but after running the and saving the ETL when I use it in my analyzer to visualize it, the data is capped to Dec 2022 even though the date range selection is set to All time.

From the ETL last step I filtered for dates in 2023 and they are present in the data as below.

Is this a bug and or something? Please help.

Best Answer

• pauljames
    pauljames Contributor
    Answer ✓
    Options

@carthur , perhaps the column of data for the desired missing date range is missing even though rows of data with the date exist. Can you send a photo of your ETL?

IF I SOLVED YOUR PROBLEM, PLEASE "ACCEPT" MY ANSWER AS A SOLUTION. THANK YOU!

Answers

• GrantSmith
    Options

It appears you're using the Last_Production_Date as the date field in your date picker but you're filtering in your ETL based on Order_Completion_Date. Do these end up being the same data or are they different? If they're different you can try and drag the Order_Completion_Date field into your analyzer to force the date picker to use that field and then remove it.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • carthur
    Options

Thank you very much but seem to not have brought all the data

• MichelleH
    Options

@carthur Are you applying any other filters to your card that could be excluding more recent data?

• pauljames
    pauljames Contributor
    Answer ✓
    Options

@carthur , perhaps the column of data for the desired missing date range is missing even though rows of data with the date exist. Can you send a photo of your ETL?

IF I SOLVED YOUR PROBLEM, PLEASE "ACCEPT" MY ANSWER AS A SOLUTION. THANK YOU!

• carthur
    Options

@MichelleH Yes I just checked on the only filter which is just a selection of specific categories to show on the card and yes when I removed it, the date range updated correctly. However, that still shouldn't be the case as these categories have invoices as current as today so the date range should still be updating.

With Filter on card

Without Filter

• carthur
    Options

@pauljames That would be very interesting. I have attached a pic of the ETL