Warning: Not all the data is shown | Calendar Card

Options

Hello,

I'm having a problem with the Calendar card. It's supposed to display the count by day using data from the last 6 months. However, I keep getting a warning saying that not all the data is shown.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to handle this? Maybe there's something I'm overlooking in the ETL process that could help filter the data?

Thank you!

Best Answers

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

You may need to pre-aggregate your dataset in an ETL as there's too much data for the chart to display.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • steveh
    steveh Member
    Answer ✓
    Options

I am having the same issue with a filter card (checkbox selector) and a very small number of possible values (only 8). It seems to be a bug that needs to be fixed, but playing with sorting and group by fields makes a difference. Here are all the options in my list:

If I just put in the list of items, it shows the warning that not all data is shown, although it is.

If I filter out the NULL values, it gives the warning and removes the NULL values.

If I sort it by the channel-platform field as well, even fewer values are displayed.

If I sort it by the COUNT of the channel-platform field, then the error goes away, with all values displayed (although the order might not be what I want in all cases with this method).

If I sort it by the channel-platform field, and group it by the COUNT of the channel-platform field, then the error goes away, with all values displayed (except the NULL values filtered out) and the order is what I want.

So, there are options, but it is not ideal.

Answers

• MichelleH
    Options

@MycahD This warning usually occurs when the dataset used to power a card has a very large amount of rows. Are your values just coming from a simple count or is there other logic you're using in this card?

• Moneyshot_
    Options

I've run into this a few times with slicer cards.

One thing you can try (depending on your data) is messing around with the sort. An ascending/descending sort by count or sum of a group sometimes does the trick and doesn't affect the integrity of the card data.

• MycahD
    MycahD Member
    Options

@MichelleH

This card is powered by a COUNT - but it is a large amount of data as it requires visibility over 6 months:

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

You may need to pre-aggregate your dataset in an ETL as there's too much data for the chart to display.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • steveh
    steveh Member
    Answer ✓
    Options

I am having the same issue with a filter card (checkbox selector) and a very small number of possible values (only 8). It seems to be a bug that needs to be fixed, but playing with sorting and group by fields makes a difference. Here are all the options in my list:

If I just put in the list of items, it shows the warning that not all data is shown, although it is.

If I filter out the NULL values, it gives the warning and removes the NULL values.

If I sort it by the channel-platform field as well, even fewer values are displayed.

If I sort it by the COUNT of the channel-platform field, then the error goes away, with all values displayed (although the order might not be what I want in all cases with this method).

If I sort it by the channel-platform field, and group it by the COUNT of the channel-platform field, then the error goes away, with all values displayed (except the NULL values filtered out) and the order is what I want.

So, there are options, but it is not ideal.