Notecard Card changes won't save?

I'm in the process of creating a series of Notecards with hyperlinks and an image in a Design Dashboard. After adding the links and the image to a card, the updates disappear after navigating away from the page. This has happened several times in a row - am I missing something or is there a known Notecard bug?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• mhouston
    mhouston Contributor
    Answer ✓

The SAVE in your screenshot is to save the dashboard. The DONE for a notebook card you will see if you are in the card details view and hit edit:

With notebook cards, you can also click directly into them while viewing the dashboard (in a view mode, not in the editing mode) and click off and it should save.

It sounds like you may be trying to edit the content of the card while also editing the overall layout of the dashboard and I think this may be why it's not saving. If you try editing from the card details, or editing while the dashboard is not in an edit mode, and it still doesn't work, then you may need to contact domo support.

Answers

• Are you clicking done in your notebook card after being in edit mode before you navigate away?

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • Joe_M
    Joe_M Member

You know, I thought that might be an issue - but I'm drawing a blank on a Done button.

I see Save (image below) but no Done.

I just ran a quick test where I edited a card:

Made some quick adjustments

Clicked the Save button, all looked set on the page, navigated away and then navigated back...all changes gone.

• mhouston
    mhouston Contributor
    Answer ✓

The SAVE in your screenshot is to save the dashboard. The DONE for a notebook card you will see if you are in the card details view and hit edit:

With notebook cards, you can also click directly into them while viewing the dashboard (in a view mode, not in the editing mode) and click off and it should save.

It sounds like you may be trying to edit the content of the card while also editing the overall layout of the dashboard and I think this may be why it's not saving. If you try editing from the card details, or editing while the dashboard is not in an edit mode, and it still doesn't work, then you may need to contact domo support.

• Oddly, after some experimentation, it looks like the issue has something to do with page refresh. If I edited the card, clicked elsewhere on the page, refreshed the browser window, navigated away, and then navigated back - the edits would remain. If I did those steps without the page refreshing step, the edits would not stay. Odd, but it works now.