PDP Settings - Is there a limit to the number of columns associated with one policy?

I'm working with a weird dataset/conditions, and wanted to associate 18 different columns and their values to one pdp policy. I made these policies using the standalone GUI utility https://domohelp.domo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360043439353-PDP-Policy-Autocreation. However, I'm getting weird errors.

1. The PDP policy just isn't working.
  2. The PDP policy isn't displaying correctly on the pdp page of the dataset. It's overlapping other policies and I can't actually click on it.
  3. The All Rows policy (at the top of the page) is duplicated. One row is as it should be with the appropriate group members. The other one does not have any members and I can't delete it.

Before I submitted a ticket or went tinkering I wanted to ask here if anyone had any experience with something like this. Is there a limit to how many columns I can associate with 1 policy?

Thanks!

Tagged:

Answers

• @user049141

This sounds like a bug with the policy auto creation. I'd recommend submitting a ticket with support.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • it might be a bug, but also, simplify your process. if the criteria for a pdp policy is based on an amalgamation of 18 columns, consider creating a column that represents the output of considering those 18 columns and key the policy off of a simplified column.

this will allow you to separate 'bugs with pdp utility' versus bugs in your logic.

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"