Write back to a dataset

Jobur
Jobur Member
edited March 2023 in Scheduled Reports

Hi all,

I am new to Domo. I think I saw this capability on a video somewhere, but cant find it.

What I would like to check is whether there a way to allow users to input information into a card/form and for that info to be added to a dataset.

If this is possible what would be the best approach to take with this?

I am trying to evaluate the possibility of building a budget by customer, based on info each salesrep adds on their customers.

We currently do our sales budget with Hyperion using multiple spreadsheets - based on sales data in Domo - and add a dataset from a file as the budget from Hyperion back to Domo. The budget is at a salesrep & comm code level, but not customer.

Any help our suggestions are welcome :)

Thanks All

John

Answers

• Hi @Jobur

You can utilize a Web Form if you want to give users the ability to edit a form like an Excel file which is included by default. There is also a premium feature to do inline editing which has an extra fee associated with it.

Since it sounds like you're wanting to write back to the Hyperion system you might want to talk with your CSM about write back connectors (another premium feature) to allow you to write information from Domo back to your system. I don't think there's a Hyperion write back connector but there should be a generic JSON write back connector you might be able to utilize.

Again, I'd reach out to your CSM as it's going to require a few premium features for what you're wanting to do.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • Jobur
    Jobur Member

Thanks Grant,

Can I create the webform from a dataset or card?

John

• Hi @Jobur

No, it's a separate connector. (Data -> Cloud App -> Search for webform)

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • Jobur
    Jobur Member

Thanks Grant

• @Jobur you totally can create a webform from a dataflow, you just have to do a little hacking.

I covered it at the IDEAs exchange conference:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgJLijj7vmw&list=PLUy_qbtzH0S6-5oDbx3BsIv2Xk-JxJxWi&index=18&t=3s

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"