How to work with quarter periods in Domo?

SOLVED -- in the date dropdown in the card, you can select to view as quarters and that does the aggregation

Hey all,

I have been prototyping some viz locally using quarters, e.g., 2018Q1 for the raw date of 2018-02-01. It's worked well because in pandas, it recognizes these as time periods. These come into domo as strings, and any ordering is completely lost. 

I'm trying to move this into the Domo now and I can't figure out how to replicate this. When I use the QUARTER() function in beast mode to create a new column in the dataset, it returns only the quarter of the year, but not the year, so just one of 1,2,3,4. 

Does anyone have experience or advice on how I can get domo to make use of quarters like 2018Q1, 2018Q2 etc... derived from a raw date string?

Best Answer

• AS
    AS Coach
    Answer ✓

Daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and yearly breakdowns are all available in that dropdown.  If you answered your own question, feel free to mark your own post as solution or have @DaniBoy do it for you.

Aaron
    MajorDomo @ Merit Medical

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the heart in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"

Answers

• AS
    AS Coach
    Answer ✓

Daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and yearly breakdowns are all available in that dropdown.  If you answered your own question, feel free to mark your own post as solution or have @DaniBoy do it for you.

Aaron
    MajorDomo @ Merit Medical

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the heart in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
This discussion has been closed.